Singaporean’s murder: Suspect sent on four-day judicial remand

The Aabpara and Bani Gala police arrested Maaz Waqar on Monday for his alleged involvement in the killing of Singaporean national Fehmeena Umair.

The accused was produced before Judicial Magistrate Naveed Khan, who extended the physical remand of the accused and directed the police to produce him in court on October 19.

The Aabpara police had also registered an FIR against Waqar on the complaint of Nashiba Taskeem, the mother of the deceased, who told the police that the accused had taken jewellery worth Rs5 million from her daughter for launching an advertising agency in Pakistan. Taskeen said that the accused also demanded Rs20 million as ransom from them, before killing her daughter

Investigation Officer (IO) Javed Awan told The Express Tribune that the police arrested the accused from a hotel, where he had also detained the deceased, before killing her in a car (IDH-8365). The accused had dumped the body of the deceased in a desolate area near the Korang River in Bani Gala.

Taskeen told the police that her daughter arrived in Islamabad from Karachi four days back to set up a business with Waqar, who killed her after getting his hands on the jewellery.

Team formed to probe killing of six people

Additional Inspector General of Police (AIG) Dr Sultan Azam Temuri has constituted a team to investigate the murder of six members of a family whose bodies were recovered from different parts of the city on Monday.

The Rural Zone superintendent of police (SP), Sihala station house officer (SHO) and the investigation officer (IO) of the case will manage the probe.

The police had found four bodies from the Sihala area and two from Loi Bher on Monday. The deceased were identified as Amirullah Khan, his wife Nadia, daughter Romana, sons Adam and Haider, and their servant Asghar.

According to the police, Amirullah was a nephew of MNA Nafeesa Khan Khattak of the Pakistan Threek-e-Insaf, who is herself a sister-in-law of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (K-P) Chief Minister Pervaiz Khattak.

IO Ghulam Mustafa told The Express Tribune that the family was from Nowshera District and had recently moved to Islamabad after receiving threats in Nowshera.

The police suspected that a property dispute could be the cause of the murder.

The police said there was a dispute between the Amirullah and his brother, who is living abroad, over a piece of land in Nowshera worth Rs100 million. “When the deceased moved to Islamabad, he did not inform the local police about the threats. He just purchased weapons for his protection,” the IO added.








Article Reference : tribune.com.pk

What Next?

Recent Articles

Leave a Reply

You must be Logged in to post comment.

Edit translation
Machine translation (Google):
Copy to editor
or Cancel
%d bloggers like this: